An iPhone can sometimes get stuck in recovery mode if:
You intentionally activated recovery mode to solve a problem
You’re trying to jailbreak your iPhone and it all went terribly wrong
Like many of us – you were simply trying to update to the latest iOS software
To fix your iPhone out of recovery mode, Apple white logo screen, here are our suggested methods of recovery if your iPhone is stuck in recovery mode:
Option A – iPhone Data Recovery Option B – iTunes Restore
Option A – Fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode after Upgrading to iOS 8.2.x with iPhone Data Recovery
iPhone Contents Recovery gets your iPhone out of recovery mode easily. To be specific, just two steps are needed for the phone to enter the normal mode. And, to kill two birds with one stone, you can also use this software for data recovery.
When you see the 'connect to iTunes' warning on your iPhone, you should firstly try the 2 simple steps to get your iPhone out of Recovery Mode.
Step 1. Download iPhone Data Recovery and install it on your computer.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to the computer with its USB cable. Then run iPhone Data Recovery. You'll see that the program detects your iPhone, saying it is not in normal mode. Simply click on the "Restart the device" button to get your iPhone back to normal. It's pretty easy.
Step 1. Run the program on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable
Step 2. When iPhone Data Recovery detects that your iPhone is abnormal, it will tell you as the screenshot below. Click "Repair Operating System" to fix white screen of death and more on iPhone. After then click Next.
Step 3. In the next step, you should download the official firmware for your iPhone. It might take you a few minutes to do the download.
Step 4. Click "Start Fix" to fix the Apple white screen of death, Recovery Mode and so on.
Option B – Fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode with iTunes
Please note if you follow this method of fixing an iPhone stuck in recovery mode, all the data and settings on the iPhone will be erased before restoration. Your device will be restored to your last iTunes backup. However there is a way to recover deleted data directly from your iPhone when this happens. This way your will be able to recover data obtained since your last iTunes backup.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. To do this, open iTunes and click Help in the main menu. Then select Check for Updates, iTunes will then tell you if you are using the latest version.
2. Hold the home button down (on the front of your iPhone) and connect the device to your laptop/PC while iTunes is open. A message should pop up and say that your iPhone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
3. Click on your device (in the iTunes windows) along the main toolbar, then go to the Summary tab.
4. Select the restore option.
5. Follow the prompts in iTunes to backup your iPhone settings.
6. Restore your iPhone back to its previous settings.
If you tried one of these methods and have lost data from your iPhone, to read the detailed recovery tutorial by clicking here: Restore Lost Data from iPhone. If you have any other methods let us know!